Friday, April 1, 2011

Dear grandmother Tokiko Kanno,

I am Sim WenHong from Hwa Chong Institution, Singapore. The world knows that Japan is now facing a great economic crisis and the people there are suffering, with people losing their loved ones, houses being swept away by the monstrous tidal waves. I have all seen it on television. It is indeed a heart wrenching moment when I saw those images and I believe that other Singaporeans also think so. Thus, we are also doing their best to help Japan by raising funds. With these funds, food supplies and daily necessities can be provided to you and the fellow victims of Japan. Although now is a hard time, I believe that Japan, given its good economic status will recover fast, so take care of yourself, especially that you are in your old age. I have gotten notice that you have been sleeping in the school hall for a few days now, shelters will be provided soon and elderly people such as you will be given the priority. Singapore’s media is also trying to raise funds for Japan by putting up advertisements to encourage the raising of funds, not only Singapore, the whole world is also doing their best to aid Japan in getting through this tough times. They have sent teams to provide basic necessities and shelter for your people. Japan, you must know that you are not alone, the whole world is watching and praying for your economic, and more so, you, and the fellow citizens of Japan. Thus, do not worry too much. I can never understand your feelings, although I tried many times, but Singapore and I hope that the victims will get on with their life, and not stay in self pity. It is times like this where a nation has to be strong and the people have to get back on their feet.

I understand that you are concerned about the recent radiation leak form the nuclear plant. A few number of people have already went to curb the situation. Thus, the situation is still in control. Lastly, be strong, Japan, we care.

No comments:

Post a Comment